Research plays a major role in marketing. As a business owner or salesperson, you need to know what your competitors charge for their services, what guarantees they provide and the kind of customer service they offer etc. Armed with this essential information, you can make sure your services are the most valuable in the marketplace.
Competitor website traffic
Wouldn’t it be great if there was a way to research how many visitors your competitors get to their websites? Sure, they have a really fancy looking website, but is anyone actually visiting it?
Well, thanks to a clever, free site called alexa.com, you can find out (well sort of – let me explain)!
How alexa.com works
Simply visit alexa.com and then type (or paste) the web address (URL) of the website you want to check out, into the search box at the top of the screen. So, if you wanted to check-out how much traffic we get here, you would type our URL and then, in the small box on the right, select ‘site ranking’ and then press the ‘go’ button.
After a few seconds, alexa.com will display a page that shows you how many visitors they think the site gets and what increase or decrease in numbers the site has achieved in recent months. Now, these figures are NOT very accurate – but they can be a general indicator as to how busy a website is and whether or not it’s getting more popular.
Just how accurate is alexa.com?
The easiest way to get an idea of how accurate alexa.com is, is to test it out using your own website and compare what it tells you your numbers are, with your own figures. Give it a go and let me know what you think!
- How to win against cheaper competitors
- Are your competitors controlling your potential?
- Is your website hurting your business? Quite possibly!
- From 0 to 60 in just 11 days!
- How to attract customers… from your competitors!
- Is that ladder you’re climbing leaning against the wrong wall?
- Internet Marketing: Aim for meaning, not traffic!
- How to learn from the best, without copying them!
- How NOT to learn from the best