Here’s a marketing check list, for those of you who want to start seeing some fast, measurable marketing results.
Your answers to the questions of this simple check list, will give you some idea of just how ready you are to successfully compete for business, in today’s highly competitive marketing environment.
Ready? OK, let’s go!
Marketing check list
- Do I have permission to market to these people?
- Is there a genuine reason why they should buy from me, rather than their current provider?
- How motivating is that reason – Is it powerful enough to compel them to switch?
- Will my marketing message REALLY stand out among the avalanche of marketing offers being directed to these people right now?
- Am I going to use a strategic approach, where a series of preplanned messages are delivered in order to generate a compound effect – or will I ‘just try’ some one-off marketing emails, mailshots, ads etc ?
- If people decide to check out my website or blog after receiving my marketing, will it project the kind of polished, professional image required to gain their confidence and their business?
- Will the message they get from my site compel them to want to take action; to call me, email me, visit my premises etc?
- If not, should I think about getting my marketing copy writing written by a professional?
- Do I have a social media marketing strategy, which will attract bankable results, (rather than just follows / adds / friends etc?)
- Do I have a way to effectively measure my marketing results?
- How worried would my competitors be right now, if they knew my answers to the above questions?
The point of this simple check list, is to help you identify how prepared you are. It’s not enough to ‘just’ work hard on your marketing; you need to ensure you are working hard doing the correct things for what you want to achieve. Whatever you do, don’t be like the masses of small businesses, that look to the future with their fingers crossed – hoping things will somehow “just work out”.
If you are looking for marketing ideas, this post contains links to dozens of marketing ideas and 2 articles on how to develop your own marketing mix.
If you plan ahead and work smart, you can make this a breakthrough time for you and your business – but don’t leave anything to chance!