In 3, 5 or 10 years time, your business will truly arrive!
The question is; “where?”
Over the past 15 years, I have worked with thousands of business owners all over the world and in my experience, people tend to focus too much on instant gratification. They are unwilling to invest in ideas unless they believe there will be a super-fast return. This is why so many scammy products exist; offering us super-flat abs in 3 weeks or Internet millions in 3 months!
Paying the price in advance
I’m fortunate to know many self-made millionaires and one of the major differences between them and the other 99.9%, is that the most successful businesspeople are prepared to pay the price for success, in advance. They know that before they can reap, they have to sow.
- They take time to learn the business of business. They know how a successful business is supposed to work.
- They take time to research the needs of their marketplace and the best way to service those needs, with the most value possible.
- They take time to deliberately build contacts with the right people – Not the people who just happen to attend networking events.
- They take time to understand the meaning and value of integrity.
- They take time to read the success stories of other successful people, so they can develop their own recipe for success.
- They know that success is not about money, but lifestyle. You won’t find them jetting off all over the world doing business, missing their kids growing up. That’s not success. It may lead to financial wealth, but success is valuing the things that money can’t buy WAY MORE than the “toys” that money CAN BUY.
For most businesspeople, January does not signal the start of a new year. It’s simply another chance to live the same old year, all over again. The same financial frustrations. The same business worries. The same bullshit that they hope, will one day “just stop.”
If you want a better future, you have to be smarter than that! This starts with a commitment; to spend less time looking for quick fixes and more time deliberately planning (and working toward) the kind of future you REALLY want.
Never, ever settle for less. You deserve far more than that!
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
Photo: Carlos Freita