When you get bad service from a provider or a product lets you down, what do you do? Increasingly, people are venting their frustration or anger via social media.
For service providers, who care about their customers (which is more than you may think) this presents an opportunity. Using very simple, freely available tools, they can track mentions of their brand, service or product names and learn from what their customers are saying. They can interact with their customers before greater damage is done to the relationship.
Of course, in order for this to work, they need to be listening.
The brands that elect not to listen, are not only missing out on some incredibly valuable feedback, they are also missing out on the opportunity to reach out to their customers and retain their business. It’s a lot less expensive to retain a customer than it is to win a new customer or motivate someone to switch brands, so it makes sense on many levels for companies to monitor and interact with their marketplace.
The savvy business owner is always listening
He or she not only monitors what their own customers are saying, but also what their prospective customers are saying. They know that if they spot a common problem among their prospective customers, which is causing people to want to vent their frustration, they can adapt their offering to answer that problem and stand a real chance of winning that slice of dissatisfied people.
Whilst most of the marketing emphasis regarding social media, seems to be about building your follower / friend numbers, it’s also important for you to listen to your marketplace. The rewards can be amazing.
Do you monitor what your marketplace is saying via social media?
What tools do you use and recommend?
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- Social Media Marketing: A lesson from angry customers
- Here are some people that your business needs to avoid
- Marketing 101: Stop pushing people for attention
- Get Twitter Direct Messages from people you don’t follow!
- Your business is telling you something. Are you listening?
- How to show people your achievements and create a powerful impact!
- The thing about Most People
- 3 Ways to grow your business for pennies
- How to create marketing, which people WANT to receive!