Today is my 46th birthday and I will start the day with the same commitment I make every year at this time. I will promise to become a year better over the coming 12 months, rather than just a year older.
I have often listened to business owners boldly proclaiming that they have 20 year’s worth of experience in their field, when in reality, they have just a few years worth of experience, which they keep repeating. They mistake movement for progress and end up with similar frustrations in year 20, to those they had in year 2.
Older and wiser?
Older does not always equal wiser because longevity and competence are not the same thing. There are people reading this right now, who have been struggling to grow their business for years, yet have never hired the specialist help they know they need.
We all know people who make the same basic errors year after year, then blame their luck, the economy, their star-sign or their past, for their lack of progress. In reality we know that nothing improves until we do. If we keep doing what we have always done, we will keep getting what we have always got.
The day everything improves for you
You don’t need to wait until your birthday or the New Year, before you make the commitment to massively improve your future.
- Today can be the day you decide to stop dabbling with your business development and get the help you know you need.
- Today can be the day you start writing that book.
- Today can be the day you start working on one of those great ideas you had.
- Today can be the day you fire that client who is sucking the life out of your business.
- Today can be the day you stop following the flock and be yourself.
- Today can be the day you decide to start building a wall of financial security around the people you love, which nothing can penetrate.
Have a GREAT day!
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Are you teaching people to ignore your marketing? - April 17, 2014
- Stop working for toxic clients. Seriously. Stop it! - April 15, 2014
- Here’s an approach to marketing that works every time - April 14, 2014