In boxing, we have a great, old saying:
It’s not the man in the fight that counts – It’s the fight in the man.
We know that if 2 boxers are equally matched, the fighter who wants to win the most, will win. In business, the same is true. Those who want to succeed the most will rise to the top, because they will give it 100%. Their evenly matched, yet less committed competitors, will claim to be giving it 100% but simply do 100% of the easy stuff.
The difference is huge.
- It’s the difference between pushing on through the hard times, or quitting.
- It’s the difference between knowing you will, or saying you’ll try.
- It’s the difference between investing some of your leisure time in improving your mind, or watching reality TV every evening.
- It’s the difference between getting a year better with each birthday, or simply getting a year older.
- It’s the difference between accepting responsibility for your results, or blaming the economy.
- It’s the difference between having the courage to let the beauty of your mind shine, or following the flock.
- It’s the difference between giving everything your best shot, or phoning it in.
It can also be the key factor between living the life you deserve and living a life that’s far less than you are capable of.
Photo: B Furnace
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Stop working for toxic clients. Seriously. Stop it! - April 15, 2014
- Here’s an approach to marketing that works every time - April 14, 2014
- Growing a successful business is a marathon, not a sprint! - April 13, 2014