In boxing, we have a great, old saying:
It’s not the man in the fight that counts – It’s the fight in the man.
We know that if 2 boxers are equally matched, the fighter who wants to win the most, will win. In business, the same is true. Those who want to succeed the most will rise to the top, because they will give it 100%. Their evenly matched, yet less committed competitors, will claim to be giving it 100% but simply do 100% of the easy stuff.
The difference is huge.
- It’s the difference between pushing on through the hard times, or quitting.
- It’s the difference between knowing you will, or saying you’ll try.
- It’s the difference between investing some of your leisure time in improving your mind, or watching reality TV every evening.
- It’s the difference between getting a year better with each birthday, or simply getting a year older.
- It’s the difference between accepting responsibility for your results, or blaming the economy.
- It’s the difference between having the courage to let the beauty of your mind shine, or following the flock.
- It’s the difference between giving everything your best shot, or phoning it in.
It can also be the key factor between living the life you deserve and living a life that’s far less than you are capable of.
Photo: B Furnace
- 21 Powerful habits behind highly successful business owners
- Business owners: Are you being unreasonable?
- Small business owners: Do not let this happen to you
- 3 Critical steps for a profitable, successful business
- How to build a successful business
- 12 Ideas to help you and your business thrive in 2013
- How to run a successful business working just 20 hours a week!
- Marketing You: The key to building a great business!
- Business owners: Never confuse silence with satisfaction