As one of your prospective clients, I may or may not agree with your point of view, however, when you let me know your opinion, 2 important things happen.
- You show me you have an opinion, a view of your own that makes you, you.
- You show me you have the courage to express your opinion.
In my experience, very, very few business owners express their opinions in their online marketing efforts. As I wrote recently, many business owners choose to have no voice. They opt for the anonymity of amplifying the other person’s view. Not only do they tell me nothing about them or what they think, they show me nothing that separates them, from every other provider in their profession.
Perhaps more importantly, they give me nothing to connect with.
Connecting with the right people
The people you work best with, are those who get what you are about. These are the clients who pay you what you are worth and who are a real pleasure to work with. If you want to attract them, they need to know what you are about, your unique approach to your craft. When they see this, they have something tangible to connect with and a valid reason to hire you.
Here’s the thing: You don’t need to be all things to all people. Some people will NOT get you or your approach. That’s fine. You need outsiders in order to have insiders. The insiders who resonate with your opinions and ideas will love you and be excited about working with you.
I tell you, get this right and it’s a game changer for you and your business.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)