- You consistently exceed my expectations.
- You never fail to deliver on time.
- You always seem genuinely interested in helping me.
- I want to tell the world how great you are.
So, how easy do you make it for me to recommend you to all my friends and contacts?
Even when you offer exceptional service and your clients or customers love you, you need to make it super easy for them to spread the word. Yes, it’s nice for them to “like” your Facebook page or send you a great testimonial, but you need a way for them to amplify their endorsement to their friends and not just your existing clients. They know how great you are already!
Word of mouth and your business
I suggest incorporating a word-of-mouth facility into your service. No, I’m not going to do the thinking for you here – If I did and everyone started doing it, it wouldn’t work so well. It also wouldn’t be based on your business, your relationship with your clients or even your industry. One example which works beautifully, is simply offering your advocates a bonus, which they can share with their friends.
The key thing is to match your word-of-mouth amplification, to the spirit of your business. Then, watch them start shouting about you from the rooftops!
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to build a great business, doing things YOUR way - March 10, 2014
- How to put your ideas into action - March 9, 2014
- How stories help you grow your business - March 8, 2014