In 2011, I shared an idea with my readers, to help them massively improve the success of their newsletters. In the years that have passed, a number of courageous readers have adopted this approach, with great success. Today, I want to share this valuable idea with you.
When is a newsletter not a newsletter?
When you share your news with your friends via an email, your email looks like a regular email. It contains no glossy images, no “buy now” offers. It’s just an email, from you, to them.
When businesses decide to offer newsletters, they tend to do the opposite. There’s usually little if any actual NEWS and the whole thing looks and reads like a poorly disguised advertisement.
So, this got me thinking:
- What if you treated the people who read your current newsletter, as if they were already friends?
- What if you sent them actual news and asked how they are?
- What if you sent it, not on some lame automated schedule, but only when you had something of value or interest to share?
- What if some of them contained no special offers or sales pitches?
- What if some were just offering to help?
Business is all about people
Is it possible that this approach would help you develop a deeper, richer relationship with your readers?
Is it probable that it would sound more honest and trustworthy than the usual; “we call it a newsletter but there’s no actual news, I just want to sell you stuff,” approach?
Because if it is, it could massively improve how they felt about you and your business.
Why does this matter?
It matters because business is all about people. People do business with people they like. People recommend people they like.
There’s real potential here, for those with the courage to make their newsletters more human.
- How to build a massively valuable business using a more human approach!
- How to build a massively valuable blog, using a more human approach!
- A human approach to the success of your business
- How to grow your list in 3 steps. Warning: Requires effort!
- How to build a extremely valuable list, without a newsletter
- Blogging, social networks, newsletters: Your prospective clients are watching you
- 3 lessons from a world class newsletter
- 5 Ways to build a massively valuable newsletter list
- Here’s an approach to marketing that works every time