You can chop down a 30 foot oak tree, using a hammer, however, it will take you months or maybe years.
Alternatively, you can get a professional tree feller in and they will have that tree down in a matter of hours.
Small business owners and hammers
Most small business owners work hard, putting in lots of hours, trying to chop down their commercial trees with a hammer. They make little progress and feel frustrated, because they know they work just as hard, or harder, than those achieving great success in their industry. Yet, they still insist on using that hammer. They refuse to invest in the key areas of their business, then waste years, looking for free advice on how to use their hammer more effectively.
An alternative approach
The successful minority of small business owners have a 180 degree different attitude, to all the others. Here are just a few very common differences:
- They are guided by what they want, not what they fear.
- They don’t major in minor things.
- They value their time above everything, which is why they refuse to waste it using a hammer.
- They take full responsibility for their business.
- They take action to put things right, rather than bitch about what’s wrong.
- They understand the difference between an investment and a cost, unlike the struggling majority. For example, many small business owners think nothing of spending a grand every year in their local coffee shop, yet refuse to invest in the books or training they need.
Einstein once said; insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results. If you want better results, you need to take better actions. I call this doing the right things correctly. Either learn how to identify what you need to change or find someone who already knows, then set to work on putting it right.
Anything else is a waste of your time and less than you deserve.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!