If you have ever wondered, how certain bloggers are able to come up with useful blog posts on a regular basis, this post is just for you. It contains 2 simple ideas, which are used by many of the world’s most successful bloggers.
1. Don’t let 4 average ideas block 1 useful idea
You get ideas all day every day, things that you could easily turn into an interesting, useful blog post. The challenge is, you probably don’t write them down or record them. So, write them down. If you are like me, you will find that most of the ideas are average but maybe 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 are useful enough to be written up into a blog post.
Here’s the thing: Don’t let the average or bad ideas stop you pressing forward until you find a useful idea. In fact, try and come up with as many bad ideas each day as I do and you will have just as many good ideas, maybe more!
2. Give your work the respect it deserves
We all have a tendency to overestimate the words and ideas of others and underestimate our own. I spoke with someone recently, who told me she had read through some documents on her computer, which were really interesting. She looked to see who wrote them and found they were her own draft blog posts, from several years ago! She explained that at the time, she didn’t publish them because she believed they weren’t good enough. As soon as she read them believing they were written by someone else, she saw them for what they really were; useful, interesting blog posts.
Thankfully, today, you don’t need to wait to be picked by the editor of a magazine, before you can publish your ideas and share them with your marketplace. Today, you can pick yourself. Then, it’s a case of ploughing through enough bad ideas until you find something to write about, and get writing. Next, summon the courage to press publish.
It gets easier and easier the more you do it. In fact, I was hardly frightened at all, whilst writing this post for you!
- How to write great content every day!
- How NOT to write the perfect blog post!
- Bloggers: Yes, you can write a post in 20 minutes
- I can’t write a post for you today, because…
- Blogging tip: Go with the flow
- Content Marketing: More about Content, than Marketing
- 4 Inspiring reasons to write regularly
- Blogging at the weekends: Is it worth it?
- Are you building a tribe or writing drive-by content?