Developing a successful business is a relatively simple process, based on doing the right things correctly. In fact, with the right strategy, it’s quicker to build a successful business, than it is for a business owner with no strategy, to go broke.
It’s a little like baking a cake
If someone gave you a great recipe for a cake and you followed it closely, you would end up with a delicious cake. If you followed that same great recipe many times, you would be able to bake that delicious cake without the recipe, and get it right every time. No one would claim you were lucky to have baked the cake so well. It would be the natural end result, for someone who has studied the recipe and repeated the correct process successfully, many times.
Some useful questions to ask yourself:
- What recipe am I using, to ensure I’m doing the right things, correctly?
- What experienced, highly credible source gave me the recipe for business success, which I’m currently risking my future on?
- Was my recipe developed for me and my unique needs, experience, resources and goals – or just general / generic info I grabbed from webinars, blogs or books?
- If things are not working out, how long am I willing to wait before I get the help I need?
The bottom line: Get the recipe for business success, which YOU and YOUR business needs, based on your unique situation, and then follow it. Don’t waste another year guessing, dabbling, hoping or worrying.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to build a extremely valuable list, without a newsletter - April 19, 2014
- Are you teaching people to ignore your marketing? - April 17, 2014
- Stop working for toxic clients. Seriously. Stop it! - April 15, 2014