I’d like to share some ideas with you, about the value of curiosity and why you should embrace it and encourage your curious mind.
Here’s what I mean by being curious and drawing your own conclusions:
- I’m curious, why the guy who sold me my computer last week, told me I needed to buy an extra warranty. He’d just spent 20 minutes telling me how reliable the machine was.
- I’m curious, why Seth Godin keeps writing about being a fearless blogger, when he has banned blog comments. It’s easy to be confrontational on your blog, when you ban people from confronting you there.
- I’m curious, why SEO companies need to send us spam email advertising their services, when the whole point of their service, is to attract prospective customers.
- I’m curious, why people who are just about to make a sexist statement, usually start by saying; ‘I’m not a sexist, but…’
- I’m curious, why some people have social media profiles, where they claim to be a specialist… in 10 different things.
- I’m curious, why 50 people would attend the same training seminar, with 1 person using the information to transform her life, and 49 others simply finding it interesting.
I believe one of the most valuable skills you can develop as you progress through life, is curiosity. Those with an open, curious mind, choose to form your own opinions. You notice when there is a disconnect, between a person’s words and their deeds. The sheep miss it completely! They need to follow instructions and seldom question anything. They would rather someone else tell them what to think. That way, if it goes wrong, they have someone to blame. It’s easy. Sheep like things to be easy. They make great fans and poor leaders.
It takes more confidence to approach the world, with an open, curious mind, however, the pay-off is worth it. You get to see life through your own, unique lens. You get to form your own opinions, based on information that has been tested, rather than ‘just accepted’. You get to decide where the value is.
Most importantly, you get to live your own life, every day of your life!
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!