The title of today’s post comes from a slogan, which was used to market an Xbox game called SSX. It makes a very bold statement, designed to appeal to the games target market and create an image, which they will find as irresistible as possible.
Image and marketing
Marketers know that if the image they create is compelling enough, it will result in increased sales. Conversely, when the image a brand creates is negative, sales and inquiries drop like a stone. As a result, it’s wise for us to stop and think about what kind of image we are building in the minds of our prospective clients. That’s what this post is all about.
What image are you creating?
Let’s think for a moment about the way you want prospective clients to feel about you and your business. Now, does your marketing support that image or damage it?
- Does the contact page on your website give people a physical address and landline phone number, or do you expect people to trust a stranger, who chooses to hide where they are for ‘some’ reason?
- Do your tweets and Facebook updates support the image you are trying to build or damage it? (there’s no neutral here.)
- Does your marketing message build an image people can connect with and trust?
- When prospective clients read the comments you leave on blogs or in forums, how will it impact the way they think about you?
- Do you claim to offer a professional service, yet operate behind a dated or poorly designed website?
In short: Consider the image you want to build for your business, then bake that image into all of your marketing and business development activities.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!