If you’re not seeing the business results you want, it’s likely you are not working on one or more of the following 3 key areas, correctly.
Here they are:
1. Be so good that they can’t ignore you. This is the key to attracting genuine interest, from the right kind of people. You can apply this to anything. If you want more followers, do something worth following. If you want more word of mouth referrals, offer a service that’s so good, people want to talk about it. And so on.
2. Start blogging. It’s the best way I have ever found, to build a community (what affiliate marketers call a ‘list’) and position yourself as an expert in your field. Publish useful posts regularly. Be prepared to invest for the long term. Blogging is about relationships and trust. You don’t build those overnight.
3. Offer unique value. With so many other people competing for the attention of your prospective clients, doing it your way is the only way to get noticed. Be yourself.
Those are what I consider to be 3 keys to success, especially for small business owners. I show my clients how to develop those 3 key areas (and many others) because; when you are so good that people can’t ignore you, when you publish useful blog posts regularly and when you offer the marketplace unique value, everything improves.
I’ve seen some truly amazing results, working with clients who were previously making little real progress, until they focused on those 3 areas. I recommend you do the same.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- What happened next? - August 28, 2014
- Are you building a tribe or writing drive-by content? - August 27, 2014
- A remarkable lesson from Steve Jobs and Malcolm Gladwell - August 25, 2014