Most small business owners compare their business, to their competitors businesses.
Here’s the challenge with that approach: It places a very low ceiling on your potential.
By competing against the standards of your competitors, you set your bar extremely low.
The vast majority of small businesses in any sector are uninspiring, to say the least. Statistically we know that most are struggling, with many going under every day. Very, very few are doing anything exceptional.
It clearly makes little sense to allow your competitors to regulate your potential.
So, compare yourself to the best instead
One of the finest ways to build a successful business, is to learn from the best.
- Compare your customer service to Disney.
- Compare your design quality to Apple.
- Compare your distribution to Amazon.
- Compare your build quality to Rolex.
Choose who / what you compare your business to, based on the quality of what they do and it’s effectiveness. Set your bar higher than your competitors. Demand the best. Be remarkable.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to build a extremely valuable list, without a newsletter - April 19, 2014
- Are you teaching people to ignore your marketing? - April 17, 2014
- Stop working for toxic clients. Seriously. Stop it! - April 15, 2014