Most small business owners compare their business, to their competitor’s businesses. This is why the fees, promises and range of services offered by competing businesses in any industry, are strikingly similar.
Here’s the challenge with that approach: It places a very low ceiling on your potential.
Allow me to explain
By competing against the standards of your competitors, you set your bar extremely low.
The vast majority of small businesses in any sector are uninspiring, to say the least. Statistically we know that most are struggling, with many going under every day. Very, very few are doing anything exceptional.
It clearly makes little sense to allow your competitors to regulate your potential.
So, compare yourself to the best instead
One of the finest ways to build a successful business, is to learn from the best.
- Compare your customer service to Disney.
- Compare your design quality to Apple.
- Compare your distribution to Amazon.
- Compare your build quality to Rolex.
Choose who / what you compare your business to, based on the quality of what they do and it’s effectiveness. Set your bar higher than your competitors. Demand the best. Be remarkable.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)