Most small business owners compare their business, to their competitor’s businesses. This is why the fees, promises and range of services offered by competing businesses in any industry, are strikingly similar.
Here’s the challenge with that approach: It places a very low ceiling on your potential.
Allow me to explain
By competing against the standards of your competitors, you set your bar extremely low.
The vast majority of small businesses in any sector are uninspiring, to say the least. Statistically we know that most are struggling, with many going under every day. Very, very few are doing anything exceptional.
It clearly makes little sense to allow your competitors to regulate your potential.
So, compare yourself to the best instead
One of the finest ways to build a successful business, is to learn from the best.
- Compare your customer service to Disney.
- Compare your design quality to Apple.
- Compare your distribution to Amazon.
- Compare your build quality to Rolex.
Choose who / what you compare your business to, based on the quality of what they do and it’s effectiveness. Set your bar higher than your competitors. Demand the best. Be remarkable.
- How to compete successfully in a crowded marketplace
- So, you want more from your business? Try this!
- 10 Quick tips to blow the lid off your potential in 2013
- How to win against cheaper competitors
- How to avoid limiting your potential
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- 2 More ways to grow your business and blow the lid off your potential!
- How to attract customers… from your competitors!
- 7 Habits of highly successful leaders