Are you focusing on what you want or what you fear?
One will empower you and lead you to opportunities and growth. The other will lead to pain and stop you from getting started.
Focusing on fear
When we focus on fear, it has a huge, negative impact on our thinking, our decisions and then the actions we take.
Here are some examples of fear driven thinking:
- We emulate our competitors, because it feels safe. This makes us invisible.
- We stay within our comfort zones. This makes it almost impossible for us to grow.
- We adopt the perfectionist mindset and become unproductive. Nothing is perfect, so waiting for something to be perfect slows us down or stops us from even starting.
- We waste money on things that make us feel good in the short term, yet avoid risking an investment that our business desperately needs. Investment equals risk. Fear focused people hate risk.
- We attract others who have the same fear focused mindset. This reinforces our fears and supports our decision to hunker down and do nothing new.
- We work for average people and charge them average fees.
- We stagnate.
Here’s an interesting question
What are 3 things you would do today, if you knew for certain that you could not fail? Write them down. That list will contain just a few of the things, which you are currently not trying, for fear of failure.
One of the reasons I work on this mindset with my clients, is that it’s a foundation of success. Thanks to Google and social networks, you already have access to all the answers you need, in order to achieve life-changing results. So, it’s not a lack of knowledge that’s holding you back. It’s learning how to adopt a mindset, which embraces change, values the lessons of ‘failure’ and focuses on what you want.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!