The main obstacle we need to overcome in order to move our business up another level… is ourselves.
The beliefs you have about what you are capable of, formed by the stories you tell yourself, determine where you set the bar on your potential. This is why business owners find their turnover or revenue grows until it reaches a certain point, then plateaus.
It looks something like this
They start their business by doing everything they believe is within them. Their business then grows from day one, to wherever they have decided their limitation is. From that point onward, when they need to make a big decision in order to grow their business, they will either dodge the decision or decide that whatever it is, it’s too risky. Of course, this starves their business of the investment and resources it needs in order to grow – so they get stuck in an uninspiring and dangerous slump.
If you see a friend self-sabotaging their potential in that way, remind them of this wonderful quote:
“If you hear a voice within you say, ‘You cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
~ Vincent van Gogh
Be aware of the stories you tell yourself and the huge impact they have on you. Those stories determine what you believe you are capable of and set the limits of what you can achieve.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- How to blow the lid off your potential in 2014!
- How to take your business to the next level and avoid The Average Trap
- Are your competitors controlling your potential?
- Why most small businesses die and how to avoid it!
- Why most small businesses go broke AND how to avoid it
- How to avoid the feast and famine trap
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- 10 Quick tips to blow the lid off your potential in 2013