Part of running a successful small business, is understanding and maximising your advantages. This post is all about one major advantage you have over large companies. I’m talking about your agility.
Agility is an asset
I want to start by giving a brief example of what I mean by agility.
As a small business owner, you have the agility to get an idea in the morning and put that idea into play by end of business that day. Large companies can take weeks or months to execute a new idea. I wrote an article about this for Microsoft, which lists 3 ways you can use agile thinking to grow your business.
The perfect scenario
The reason I am sharing this with you, is that marketing is changing. It now offers great opportunities to those of you who are agile. Marketing today moves extremely fast, especially social media marketing, which is real-time. This is the perfect scenario for those small businesses, who are prepared to use their agility. You can listen to what your marketplace is saying, identify an opportunity (or gap in the market) and then execute.
Of course, in order for you to benefit from your agility advantages, you need to embrace agile thinking and then get moving. The small business owner who gets the idea and fails to execute, has no advantage over the large company, who has the idea and can’t execute.
It looks like this:
- Look before you leap.
- Check you are working with good data.
- Then take intelligent action.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- How to start first and keep on winning!
- Do everything you can, with everything you have!
- How to grow your business with clarity and confidence
- How to get people marketing your business for free
- How to turn fear into a valuable asset for your business
- 5 Ideas to grow your business… Starting now
- How to turn time wasters into gold dust
- 5 Powerful reasons to get passionate about your business!