A great piece of advice for the year ahead, is to stop looking for success in the mechanics of what you do.
It isn’t there!
Allow me to explain
For example, a dummies guide to blogging will tell you the mechanics of writing, publishing and distributing blog posts.
However, successful blogging comes from outside the mechanics.
- Success comes from breaking many of the golden rules of blogging, so you don’t look just like everyone else.
- Success comes from digging deep, to come up with posts that your readers will value.
- Success comes from showing up very regularly, no matter how busy you are, no matter what’s going on in your life and no matter how you feel.
- Success comes from having the courage to tell it your way, knowing you risk being challenged or attacked.
You can learn the mechanics anywhere. The bookshelves are packed with step by step guides to doing just about anything.
The human element is where our success is determined. It’s our passion, commitment, work ethic, motivation, creativity, values and courage, which set the ceiling on our potential.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
Photo: David DeHetre
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- 3 Ideas to help you, the next time they say you’re too expensive! - August 22, 2014
- How to build a better business by solving better problems - August 20, 2014
- Here’s a secret behind the world’s best service providers! - August 19, 2014