It isn’t possible for a business owner to make meaningful progress, without being prepared to risk failure. This is because by trying to isolate ourselves from potential failure, we also isolate ourselves from success.
Upside and downside
If you don’t ask for that date, don’t apply for that job and don’t make that business investment, you avoid the potential downside of heartbreak, rejection or financial loss. However, you also guarantee you will fail to benefit from the upside – the amazing date you could have had, the wonderful new career that never happened and the business results you never achieved.
No downside. No upside. No progress.
Research, evaluate then decide
Don’t dismiss an opportunity, simply because there is the potential to fail. If you do, you will miss 100% of the legitimate opportunities. As Thomas Edison famously said:
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
- Do the research.
- Evaluate the potential.
- Then make the decision.
- 4 Tips on how to spot a legitimate opportunity
- Decision Making: You can’t procrastinate your way to success
- Playing it safe is more dangerous than you think!
- They lied: You NEVER pay the price for success!
- What everybody ought to know about business success
- Here’s a Window of Opportunity for you and your business
- Do everything you can, with everything you have!
- How to be an overnight success
- How to turn fear into a valuable asset for your business