How do people in your industry charge for their services?
Do you follow that model?
If so, why?
Getting people talking about you
One of the questions people ask me the most, is how can they get their marketplace talking about them. I call this process crafting a story, worth sharing.
Well, one of the most effective ways for a small business to get their marketplace talking about them, is for them to use a different fee model to their competitors. This sets them apart and makes them more visible, especially if they are in a highly competitive industry or profession.
For instance: When I started my small business marketing program, I decided not to charge an hourly rate, a project rate or a per-session rate. Instead, I offer a year of my time for a single, capped, annual fee. This not only means that people know exactly what a whole year’s worth of marketing costs them, it gives them a story about my business that is worth sharing. So, that’s what they do.
Your fees and your story
Here’s something to think about: If you changed your fee structure, so that it was different from your competitors, how would that change your story?
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- Increase word of mouth referrals with this simple idea
- Talk is cheap
- What story are you telling yourself about 2013?
- Social Media Marketing: A lesson from angry customers
- How to Bake Marketing into your business
- How to get your marketing shared on social networks
- I have to share this coincidence with you!
- How to attract attention and get people talking about your business!
- The best way to spread the word about your business