How easy is it, for your prospective clients or customers to get in touch with you?
I’m not talking about how visible your phone number, email address and contact form are. I’m referring to something that is just as important and yet seldom written about: How approachable you sound to a prospective client.
Are you approachable enough?
- When a prospective client is reading your newsletter, how approachable do you sound to them? The best newsletters are written, so that the author comes across as friendly and informed. The worst are written by people who come across as lacking in personality or distant.
- When a prospective client reads the comments section on your blog, how approachable do you sound to them? Some bloggers can be patronising or sarcastic when people ask them questions. This is a bad move, if you want prospective clients to feel comfortable contacting you.
- When a prospective client reads the about page on your website, how approachable do you sound? Many small business owners write their about page in the 3rd person, rather than speak directly to their reader. Instead of saying ‘Hi, thanks for stopping by. My name is Bob and…’ they start with ‘Bob has worked in web design since 2002…’
If we want prospective clients or customers to approach us for help, we need to do everything possible to let them know that we are welcoming and approachable. Business is all about people, so it makes perfect sense to keep it human.
Let’s work together and grow your business. To find out more click here!
- Stop writing for Google. Really. Stop it.
- How to show people your achievements and create a powerful impact!
- Be irresistible to prospective clients in just 3 steps
- Are you missing out on this free, powerful marketing asset?
- Who are you selling to? The answer may surprise you!
- Is your website hurting your business? Quite possibly!
- Social Business: Before you publish, press pause and think
- 3 Things to focus on if you want to quickly see amazing results
- Don’t let that guy ruin your marketing