Here are 7 things you need to know about worry, including a more helpful alternative.
- Worrying doesn’t make things better.
- Worrying is a hideous waste of your time. Time is your most valuable resource.
- Worrying is infectious to those who love you. Your family and friends will start to worry about you, when they sense you’re worried about something.
- Worrying is infectious to your clients and customers. You can usually tell very quickly, when a business owner is worried about business. It’s common for people to pull their accounts from vendors, who they believe may be about to go broke.
- The vast majority of things we worry about, either never happen or when they do happen, were nothing to worry about.
- Worrying causes you to feel worse (and worse and worse.) It can also make you ill.
- Worrying is the lowest possible use of your amazing imagination. Use your mind to build images of what you want and the things you are grateful for. Don’t use your mind as a movie theatre, which plays the worst case scenarios of whatever you’re worrying about, over and over again.
You get to determine what you think about. You choose what you focus on. If you want one less thing to worry about, stop worrying.
Now you have stopped worrying, use that time to get creatively inspired like Steve Jobs and Pablo Picasso.
Remember -- if you'd like some help with your business or a project, you can Pick My Brain for the answers and ideas you need. This service is [literally] guaranteed to help you. You can find out more here.