Here are 7 things you need to know about worry, including a more helpful alternative.
- Worrying doesn’t make things better.
- Worrying is a hideous waste of your time. Time is your most valuable resource.
- Worrying is infectious to those who love you. Your family and friends will start to worry about you, when they sense you’re worried about something.
- Worrying is infectious to your clients and customers. You can usually tell very quickly, when a business owner is worried about business. It’s common for people to pull their accounts from vendors, who they believe may be about to go broke.
- The vast majority of things we worry about, either never happen or when they do happen, were nothing to worry about.
- Worrying causes you to feel worse (and worse and worse.) It can also make you ill.
- Worrying is the lowest possible use of your amazing imagination. Use your mind to build images of what you want and the things you are grateful for. Don’t use your mind as a movie theatre, which plays the worst case scenarios of whatever you’re worrying about, over and over again.
You get to determine what you think about. You choose what you focus on. If you want one less thing to worry about, stop worrying.
Now you have stopped worrying, use that time to get creatively inspired like Steve Jobs and Pablo Picasso.
- 10 Great ways to be a quitter!
- How to deal with tough situations and come out winning!
- Perception: The key to improving every area of your business
- Keeping you in the picture
- How to feel better AND improve your thinking
- Did you know about this site?
- Are you childish enough?
- 12 Ideas to help you and your business thrive in 2013
- Quick Marketing Tip: Stop trying to appeal to everyone