What questions are you asking about your business, right now? The reason I ask, is that questions are a lot more important to the success of your business, than many people seem to think.
“Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why!” — William Hazzlitt.
Bad questions lead to bad answers
For example, the reason we see so much junk written on the Internet, is because millions of business owners ask themselves the same question: How can I increase traffic to my website?
In almost every case, what they need isn’t ‘traffic’, it’s income. However, because they set off trying to increase traffic, rather than increase their income, they write those generic, over-SEO’d, 500 word minimum, keyword-stuffed blog posts and articles we see everywhere.
Ask better questions
If what you want to do is earn X amount over the next 12 months, stop asking yourself how to improve your traffic.
- Focus on how to attract targeted readers, who have a potential need for your services or products.
- Focus on how to earn the attention of prospective clients.
- Focus on how to solve their problems.
- Focus on how to become a more compelling writer.
- Focus on building a community.
- Focus on developing products or services, which your prospective clients will find useful.
- Focus on building relationships with your reader community – rather than automating your social networking accounts.
- Focus on a human approach to business.
This post should not have been published
By the way: If I focused on ‘how to build traffic’ to this blog, rather than how to build a targeted readership, I would never have written this post or many of my most popular posts.
Why? This post has too few words to keep search engines happy. It isn’t keyword optimised either. Also, the title of the post is unfriendly to search engines. Instead, I choose to write for humans. People read this blog and hire me, recommend me, call me, email me and make my business fun. Not search engines.
If you want better results, you need better answers.
If you want better answers, start by asking better questions.
- How to make prospective clients fall in love with your business!
- How to build a extremely valuable list, without a newsletter
- Bloggers: Social search and the freedom to focus on quality
- How to market your business… like Apple
- 6 Ideas to make clients fall in love with your business
- Social Business: Before you publish, press pause and think
- Why bother to learn anything, when Google has all the answers?
- 6 Extremely powerful questions to help you grow your business
- From 0 to 60 in just 11 days!