Here’s a quick Content Marketing tip, to help you improve the effectiveness of all your marketing material.
Content Marketing and speaking their language
One of the cornerstones of effective copywriting, is to remove as many barriers to communication as possible. The person reading your copy (or message) needs to be able to connect with it cleanly and clearly. This means speaking their language.
Lawyers, web designers, accountants and financial experts etc, regularly use industry terms, phrases and buzz words in their marketing to potential clients. This massively reduces the effectiveness of their marketing message.
You can immediately improve your marketing results, by embracing a more accessible approach.
How to create powerful, accessible content
Before you write your next piece of marketing material:
- Think about the benefits you provide, from the prospective client’s perspective.
- Focus on ‘them’, their business, their needs.
- Clearly explain how the benefits you provide will tangibly improve their life, business or both.
- Finally, review your message and make sure it’s pitched to the sophistication of your ideal profile of client. Tip: Listen to the different way radio ads are pitched, according to the product and audience of a station or show.
In short: Match your message to your ideal profile of client, by focusing on benefits and using their communication style, not yours.
- Content Marketing: Is your design killing your content?
- Don’t let that guy ruin your marketing
- Marketing Tip: Get specific!
- Your headlines are promises, which your content needs to deliver
- 7 Ways to make your marketing more powerful
- Content Marketing: More about Content, than Marketing
- Content Marketing: Get better results, by removing these 3 words
- 1 Essential word your marketing needs, plus 1 you MUST avoid!
- How to quickly get more from your marketing