I’d like to share an idea with you, which will help you grow your business faster and with more clarity, than ever before. I need to start by asking you a question.
If I were to ask you, ‘how’s business?’, what would your answer be?
You might say business is great or maybe that business is poor. You could say that business is frantic or perhaps that business is slow. I’d like you to think about your answer for a moment.
Compared to what?
If you answered that business is great, poor, frantic or slow – what are you basing your answer on? For example, if you answered that business is great, business is great compared to what?
- Are you comparing business to the way things were this time yesterday, last month, last quarter or this time last year?
- Are you comparing your business to how you think your competitors are doing or how you imagine small businesses in general are doing?
Whatever your answer, I have a suggestion for you
Make future comparisons, based on the model of your ideal business. Here’s how it works.
Start by asking yourself the following question: If my business was perfect in every way, what would it look like?
Then, write your answer down in detail. Include things like:
- How many hours you would work each day.
- What you would charge for your services or products.
- What type of clients or customers you would work with.
- Where your business would be located.
- How much you would earn from the business each year.
- How you would dress for work.
- What technology you would use.
You get the idea. Keep writing and add as much detail as possible.
Never again mistake movement for progress
Once you have created your ideal business on paper, do one thing every day, which will take you one step closer to it. This is the key behind all progress. Know what you want, then move toward it.
When faced with business decisions and opportunities, you will find it easier to make the best decisions, knowing exactly what your target / goal is. You will never again mistake movement for progress or work hard rowing your boat in the wrong direction.
I hope you found this useful.
Let's grow your business! I can help you attract more clients, make more sales and boost your profits. To find out how, read this.