How do you feel about people, who either ask you questions about your service or look around your products, then leave without buying?
Some business owners get angry at what they perceive to be time wasters. In doing so, they miss out on a massively valuable opportunity. They leave a huge business asset on the table… untapped.
I’m referring to the feedback these so-called time wasters can provide you with.
Time wasters are attracted to us for a reason
If you’re attracting lots of the wrong kind of inquiries, there’s a reason. It’s usually a sign that:
- Your marketing message needs to be improved.
- You are marketing to the wrong people.
- Or both.
It’s extremely easy to learn which applies to your marketing, so long as you ask these people for feedback.
Before they end the call or leave your premises, ask something like: What was it that prompted you to (visit or call) us today? This will give you some feedback to work with.
If they often say they were looking for a low priced (whatever), yet your prices or fees are average or above average, you need to review your marketing message. Take a look and see if you are overstating how low your prices or fees are. If you are not overstating how low your prices are, then you could well be targeting your marketing message at people with too small a budget. You get the idea…
The key is to try and get as much feedback as you can from those who fail to hire you or buy from you. It will help you improve your marketing message, improve your targeting and generate more business!
In short: Speak with people who don’t buy from you. Listen. Learn from their feedback. Then, make the necessary improvements to your marketing. Don’t just assume that someone is a time waster and therefore of no value to your business.
Their feedback could be commercial gold dust. In fact, it often is!
- Do the research. Make the decision. Take action!
- Discover the gold mine within your business
- Marketing 101: The race to the bottom
- How to find windfall profits within your business, starting now
- How to be successful without even trying!
- Here’s what to do, when clients say you’re too expensive!
- What every business owner needs to know about prices and fees
- How to turn fear into a valuable asset for your business
- How to get the most from the feedback you receive