No, it shouldn’t matter that your website has a typo.
It certainly shouldn’t matter that your latest newsletter uses an apostrophe incorrectly.
It shouldn’t matter, but it does matter!
A prospective client who doesn’t know you, starts making judgements on you based on the limited information in front of them. If they’re reading a piece of your marketing and spot a typo, it adds to the mental picture they are building of you and your business.
It’s heartbreaking to lose sales because of a typo or misplaced apostrophe. Thankfully, it’s totally avoidable with just a little extra attention to detail.
- Getting less traffic from Google? Here’s why it may not matter soon
- Content Marketing: Is your design killing your content?
- Is your picture of the marketplace based on what you know or what you want?
- A confession about the blog post I published earlier today
- Write or wrong?
- To improve a business, let go of the Failing Familiar!
- 4 Expensive mistakes you need to avoid
- How to get your marketing noticed by the right people
- How NOT to write the perfect blog post!