It constantly amazes me, how many small business owners refuse to make the changes required, for their business to succeed.
Instead, here’s what we see:
- They will happily carry on attending the same ineffective networking groups — because it’s familiar.
- They will relentlessly waste money on the same ineffective advertising — because it’s familiar.
- They will persistently send the same under performing, DIY mail shots out — because it’s familiar.
- They will merrily waste hours every week on social networks, getting no bankable results for their business — because it’s familiar.
The challenge comes, when they have to hold their hands up and admit they’re going nowhere… and that they desperately need to change course. Their desire to stick with what’s familiar is stronger than their desire to do what their business desperately needs.
Successful small business owners do the polar opposite
Compare that fear based approach, to what the most successful small business owners do. These people actively seek out new ways to develop their businesses. They understand that progress is only possible, when we improve what we do and how we do it.
No change = No progress
Why? Because the process of improvement, by default, is a process of change. Your situation can’t both improve AND stay the same. It’s one or the other.
Thankfully, you get to choose.
You can choose today, right now, to start planning so that 2014 is the year you exceed all past results. You can choose to switch from lowering your lifestyle to meet your under performing business, to building a business that gives you and those you love, the lifestyle you really want.
No, you can’t achieve it all today… but you can make the decision to change course right now!
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Marketing 101: The race to the bottom - December 5, 2013
- 15 Reasons to start blogging in 2014! - December 4, 2013
- What everyone needs to know about marketing automation - December 2, 2013