I’d like to share a key decision with you today, which every successful business owner needs to make.
Predicting the future of your business
If you want to know where your business will be in 12 months time, take a look at your progress over the past 12 months, then project it forward 12 months.
In other words, if you continue with the same mindset, values and strategies, you can expect more of the same.
Cause and effect assures us that if you want another year just like the last one, you should carry on with what you have been doing. By doing the same things (causes) you will get the same results (effects). However, if you want more from 2014 than you experienced in 2013, you need to make a decision.
A big decision.
You need to embrace the improvements required, to get you from where you are to where you want to be. This means accepting the need to change… to move from what is comfortable and failing you, to what is unfamiliar, but effective.
So, why bother?
- Running a struggling business is about working hard and making do. It’s about getting by. It’s about having to compromise.
- Running a successful business is about working hard, but enjoying all the rewards. It’s about earning much more than you need. It’s about being able to build a wall of financial security around your loved ones, which nothing can break.
It starts by understanding, that the least comfortable thing you can do for your future self, is to cling onto your comfort zone.
Embrace change. (This will help.)
Just don’t carry on doing the same things, expecting things to magically improve. To paraphrase Einstein, insanity is repeating the same experiment and expecting different results.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to put your ideas into action - March 9, 2014
- How stories help you grow your business - March 8, 2014
- Who are you selling to? The answer may surprise you! - March 7, 2014