If you have been struggling to get the results you want from your business, this marketing tip could be just what you’re looking for.
As you may have already discovered, the marketplace doesn’t really care about what you want.
Your family cares. Your friends care. I care… however, the marketplace cares about what it wants — not what you want.
So, how do you get what you want from your business?
It works like this: You can get whatever it is you want, providing you look at things a little differently. Instead of focusing on how your business will generate the revenues or profits you want, you need to focus on what the marketplace wants.
You then align what the marketplace wants, with what you want.
Here’s a useful way to begin:
- Find out, exactly what you want from your business. Get specific. Write it down. Add numbers, financial figures, assets and timescales.
- Next, you need to uncover what your marketplace wants. A good place to start looking, is to learn what their most pressing problems are. Monitoring social networks is one of the best ways to do this. Follow their conversations until you know what they want. Listen. Really listen.
- Finally, you need to figure out how to get them what they want, in a way that works for you commercially.
Is this easy? No.
Is it possible? Of course.
Is it worth it? Absolutely!
PS: The bigger the “want” you provide, the bigger the rewards you will receive.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)