This post is about an extremely important topic. Good, hard working business owners go broke every day. What makes this tragedy even worse, is that in many cases it can be avoided — with one change to the way they think and feel about their business.
I want to explain why these business owners fail. More importantly, I will show you how you can learn from this common mistake and grow your business more successfully than ever before!
Here’s why the problem happens
Most small business owners make it impossible for themselves to succeed.
It looks like this:
- They know what they need.
- They know what they want.
- However, what they need and what they want are 100% incompatible.
They know they need expert help. They work long hours, yet their business is struggling and no matter how hard they work, they make no real progress.
However, they don’t want expert help. No. They want things to just improve.
That’s like knowing you need to water your house plants in order for them to live and grow, but not wanting to water them. So, you sit and slowly watch them die — wondering if they will magically start growing.
How to turn this around
The reason the vast majority of small businesses go broke, is that they break a golden rule of business success. It’s simply this:
You must align what you want, with what your business needs.
All the time your wants are out of alignment with what your business needs, you will be working against yourself. This is what causes struggling business owners to mistake movement for progress. They are busy. They work hard. However, they are busy working hard on the wrong things.
If you’re not getting the results you want from your business, you will 100% definitely be making this mistake. There will be at least one key area of your business where you are refusing to give your business what it needs, because it doesn’t fit in with your wants.
If that sounds like you, think about the stories you are telling yourself, which are causing you to neglect what your business needs.
Then find a better story to tell yourself… one that puts you and your business in alignment. You will be amazed at the results you see, when you and your business are pulling in the same direction!
PS: Here’s some very useful information on your wants and needs.
- Here are some people that your business needs to avoid
- Why most small businesses go broke AND how to avoid it
- Goal Setting: How to avoid Groundhog Day
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- 4 Expensive mistakes you need to avoid
- How to avoid limiting your potential
- How to make extremely valuable business contacts
- How to avoid the feast and famine trap
- What type of clients do I work with and who do I avoid?