If only your prospective clients knew how great your service was, they’d hire you. Right?
Well, I’m going to show you how to totally overcome that marketing challenge!
How your competitors ruin your marketing promises
Almost every small business owner claims to offer an amazing service. Especially the really terrible providers!
So, as you are one of the few who genuinely produces work, which is meaningfully different, your marketplace needs to know. They need to know that you are the real deal. That it’s not just words or empty promises.
It works like this:
- Put your work out there, where people can see it. Use either a blog or newsletter to showcase what makes you meaningfully different from your competitors.
- Show us, without holding back, exactly how your work is meaningfully different. In other words, don’t just make claims about how great your services are — show us. Remember, your average competitors all claim to be great.
- Make your blog posts, articles or newsletters visible and make them easy to share. If you are doing great work, people will want to tell their friends. Make this as easy as possible, with a small number of reliable sharing options.
Why bother doing all this? Because as I am about to explain, it is extremely effective.
Something about me you never knew!
For the past year, I have successfully provided a service, which I have never (even once) marketed to anyone.
What is it?
I write articles and marketing material. My fee is £1000 for an article or marketing piece (around $1600 USD at today’s exchange rate). There is currently an 8 week waiting list for the service. All that, without marketing the service even once.
Instead, people have come to me.
Why? Because they read my articles and blog posts, see the value and want their magazine, website, blog or whatever, to be just as valuable.
Others needed to see sales results from their marketing. They figured out that if they hire me to write the main conversion page of their website, it could be the difference between them motivating potential clients to hire them — or being ignored.
Why would any savvy business owner risk losing out on a fortune, by using ineffective, amateur copywriting? Exactly!
Show them who you are and what you do
The marketing promises and claims you make are largely ignored by your prospective clients. They have seen them too many times before.
If you want to earn the trust of your prospective clients, (which is essential if you want them to hire you), you need to demonstrate what makes you better than your competition.
No one hires me wondering if I can deliver. They already know me and my work.
Now show YOUR prospective clients what YOU are capable of.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)