When you market your business just like your competitors, you fade into the background. You lack impact. You become predictable and easy to forget.
- Over the years, I must have had thousands of pushy strangers hand me their business card. How many of them can I remember? None of them.
- Every day I receive impersonal marketing emails from people. How many can I remember? None of them.
That’s because superficial interactions wash over us. They leave no lasting imprint.
The human touch
What we do remember, are the people who sincerely reach out to us with something meaningful to share. We remember the people who recommend us to their contacts and friends. We remember the handwritten notes. We remember the people who respond, when we need feedback or support.
Business is all about people. If you want people to remember you, do something useful and memorable. Something that touches them. Something that requires thoughtfulness.
Hint: You can’t do this with copycat marketing or by automating your business relationships.
Recommended reading – How to make your business more human and far more successful too.
- What everyone needs to know about marketing automation
- Marketing 101: Make it more attractive, not more annoying!
- How to gain a powerful competitive advantage and grow a massively successful business
- A simple way to protect your reputation
- 5 Simple ways to make your day amazing!
- How to make extremely valuable business contacts
- Newsletters: A more human approach
- 9 Amazing free resources to help you grow your business and feed your mind
- How to get all the help you and your business need