When you market your business just like your competitors, you fade into the background. You lack impact. You become predictable and easy to forget.
- Over the years, I must have had thousands of pushy strangers hand me their business card. How many of them can I remember? None of them.
- Every day I receive impersonal marketing emails from people. How many can I remember? None of them.
That’s because superficial interactions wash over us. They leave no lasting imprint.
The human touch
What we do remember, are the people who sincerely reach out to us with something meaningful to share. We remember the people who recommend us to their contacts and friends. We remember the handwritten notes. We remember the people who respond, when we need feedback or support.
Business is all about people. If you want people to remember you, do something useful and memorable. Something that touches them. Something that requires thoughtfulness.
Hint: You can’t do this with copycat marketing or by automating your business relationships.
Recommended reading – How to make your business more human and far more successful too.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- How to attract attention and get people talking about your business! - July 31, 2014
- 7 Habits of highly successful leaders - July 29, 2014
- Photos: What everyone needs to know about ageing online - July 28, 2014