So, you’d like more customers or clients. The question is, why should they switch to you, rather than carry on with their current provider?
Why leave their comfort zone?
It takes effort for people to switch from one provider to another. The motivation to switch to you needs to be compelling. It needs to inspire them to leave their comfort zone — to dump their familiar, safe, current provider and risk the unknown.
We know that being a little less expensive, a little faster or a little better isn’t enough. Why? Because marginal differences have very little pull. People need to see an obvious, clear, meaningful reason to switch providers.
This will help you get it right
Take a look at your business from the mindset of a prospective client or customer. Look at the reasons you provide, to motivate them to leave their comfort zone and switch to you.
Considering the perceived risk involved with them switching providers, are the reasons you give truly compelling enough? If not, what meaningful, measurable benefit could you add, which would make switching to you feel:
- Less risky.
- Less hassle.
- More beneficial to them than staying with their current provider.
TIP – Every provider claims to offer great customer service and to go the extra mile for their clients. Focus on developing a meaningful, measurable and motivating difference. Get this right and it can be a game-changer for your business. Yes, it’s that important.
PS: Here’s how to stop your competitors taking clients from YOUR business: How to use the lock-in effect to retain your clients.
- Case Study: How to win more customers or clients!
- How to win against cheaper competitors
- 4 Tips to attract more clients and customers from your website
- How to attract better clients and higher fees
- Easy is overrated
- Social Media Marketing: A lesson from angry customers
- 2 Ways to increase the lifetime value of your clients
- How to attract attention and get people talking about your business!
- Here’s the fastest way I know, to increase your sales and profits!