There are 2 types of idea people:
- Those who have lots of ideas.
- Those who have lots of ideas… and do something with them.
Putting your ideas into action
The rewards in business always go to those, who do something with their ideas. Here’s how they tend to get their ideas into action:
- Just like everyone else, they get an idea.
- From this point on, they act very differently to the average person.
- They write their idea down, whilst it’s still fresh in their mind.
- They chew on it for a while.
- Then, if it’s worth working on, they develop a simple plan to get it out of their head and into the world.
- They take the first step on that plan. Then the next…
Failure and criticism
The key difference between those who work on their ideas and those who do not, seems to be their mindset regarding failure and criticism.
Those who act on their ideas, see failure as feedback. They are fine learning from the feedback they get from shipping their ideas. Those who act on their ideas see criticism as a natural part of achieving anything worthwhile. They regard criticism as a sign they are doing something that’s making a splash.
It’s their mindset, not the value of their ideas, which makes all the difference.
I’ve written about fear and failure a lot in the past. This particular post is one you may find useful. It shows how to turn fear into a valuable business asset.Let's grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales and boost your profits. To find out how, read this.