If you want to work with better clients and never need to compete based on fees again, here’s something to consider.
Doing things your way
The moment you stop offering a similar service to your competitors, you stop competing with them. The great news here, is that no matter what industry you are in, you can do things your way and build a highly profitable niche of your own.
Here are 4 examples, from very different industries:
- The accountant, who set up a forum for his clients, so they can network together, help one another and buy from one another.
- The coffee shop owner, who offers customers poetry evenings and creative writing events.
- The dentist, who provides classes for people who have an irrational fear of dentists.
- The gardener, who not only keeps your garden looking great, but also provides all the garden consumables you need and delivers them.
How to make it work for you
Think about your ideal client. Consider their challenges and needs. Now, think of a new service that could help them with those challenges. Alternatively, look for additional, valuable elements, which you can add to one or more of your existing services.
Tip: A great place to find ideas you can use, is to look outside your industry for inspiration. Something that’s extremely common in one industry, is often unheard of in another.
If you need a little help getting your ideas into action, I strongly suggest you read this.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Are you going to do your best work today? - July 25, 2014
- So, who are your next 10 clients? - July 24, 2014
- How to get more clients from your newsletter or blog - July 23, 2014