There are many compelling, commercial reasons to write regularly. For example, blogging and newsletter writing can be hugely valuable.
Here are 4 less obvious benefits to writing regularly, which seldom get mentioned. In many ways, these are just as valuable.
- Writing makes you a better observer. As a result, you notice more of the world around you. You experience more from life.
- Writing helps you think with greater clarity. The process of getting ideas out of your head and onto the page, is a wonderful antidote for foggy thinking.
- Writing is a powerful development tool. To write effectively on any subject, you need to know about that subject. Even better, to write about a subject regularly, you need to constantly learn more.
- Writing is an act of contribution. When you share your ideas or stories with others, you invest in them.
PS: Here are 25 reasons to write a business blog.
- 25 Reasons to write a business blog
- Bloggers: Yes, you can write a post in 20 minutes
- I can’t write a post for you today, because…
- How NOT to write the perfect blog post!
- 15 Reasons to start blogging!
- Show them what you know and who you are!
- How to write great content every day!
- 7 Benefits of business blogging
- 2 Reasons not to be a copycat writer