There are many compelling, commercial reasons to write regularly. For example, blogging and newsletter writing can be hugely valuable.
Here are 4 less obvious benefits to writing regularly, which seldom get mentioned. In many ways, these are just as valuable.
- Writing makes you a better observer. As a result, you notice more of the world around you. You experience more from life.
- Writing helps you think with greater clarity. The process of getting ideas out of your head and onto the page, is a wonderful antidote for foggy thinking.
- Writing is a powerful development tool. To write effectively on any subject, you need to know about that subject. Even better, to write about a subject regularly, you need to constantly learn more.
- Writing is an act of contribution. When you share your ideas or stories with others, you invest in them.
PS: Here are 25 reasons to write a business blog.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- What is inspiration? Steve Jobs and Picasso provide some insights - September 1, 2014
- 7 Powerful reasons to get things done - August 31, 2014
- You don’t launch a successful blog. You build it. - August 29, 2014