Over the years I have worked with thousands of business owners. Many of these were successful, some were hugely successful.
Acquiring the habits for success
I noticed that the most successful business owners shared certain habits. They did things, which the average business owner didn’t do. I decided to learn from them… to acquire their habits, to see if it would help me.
It did. It really did. In big, meaningful, measurable ways.
So, in brief, here’s what I learned from them:
- They are driven by a passion to do something big. Something that motivates them AND those around them.
- They personalise their business, so it’s uniquely theirs. One of a kind. Rare and valuable.
- They know success is about more than money… that if you’re rich and unhappy, you’re still broke.
- They show people, rather than tell people. Anyone can claim anything, so they walk the walk.
- They out-care their competition. It shines through everything they do.
- They out-smart their competitors too.
- They set standards, extremely high, self-imposed standards… and they achieve them.
- They ignore the manual and write their own rules.
- They focus on what they want, not what they fear.
- They are excellent decision makers. They get the information required, study it, request advice if needed, then decide.
- They avoid those costly detours, which come disguised as shortcuts to success.
- They work hard. You can’t sleepwalk your way to the top… or even the middle.
- They also relax. If you work smart during work time, you can relax when it’s family and friends time.
- They seldom watch TV. None (zero) of the most successful people I know, bother with TV.
- They are extremely selective who they associate with and who they recommend.
- They lead. The world already has enough followers and the followers need leaders.
- They manage their time extremely well.
- They deliberately build a valuable network of people — before they need them.
- They are willing to stand out. They know it’s the only way to be outstanding.
- They summon the courage to do what’s required, rather than what feels comfortable.
- They make promises… then keep them.
Those are just some of the habits I have discovered and road tested, which improved my business and life beyond recognition.
I hope you find them useful, but more importantly, I hope you decide to try and make at least one of them a habit.
Let's grow your business! I can help you build a more successful business, increase your sales, attract more clients and boost your profits. To find out how, click here.