What daily habits do you have?
I’d like to suggest you add one more daily habit to your list. It’s easy to do, takes very little time, yet is extremely rewarding. It’s simply this:
Find something you can do each day, which will delight one of your clients or customers.
There are just 2 rules:
- You need to delight them, by doing something that’s not a normal part of the service they receive from you.
- You need to delight a different customer each day.
Going beyond what’s expected
Yes, I know you work hard to look after all your clients, all the time. That’s NOT what I am referring to here. Your clients expect that and rightly so. I’m referring to going beyond what is expected, in a small but meaningful way.
- Send them a hand written note, to thank them for their continued custom.
- If you have discovered a website or application, which you think they will find useful, share it with them.
- Recommend their business to your contacts.
- Link to them from your website.
- Send cupcakes.
- Offer to meet them for a quick coffee, when you’re next in their area.
You get the idea. It’s not about spending lots of time or money. It’s the thought behind what you do that counts.
Delighting a different client every day
All of your clients or customers deserve to feel special… to be delighted.
The nature of human relationships, is that we bond better with some people then others. In business we need to go beyond that. It’s about building wonderful working relationships with all our clients, not a select few who we gravitate toward.
Why bother delighting your clients?
It matters. It really matters. We each have an inbuilt need to feel recognised and appreciated. When people show us recognition and appreciation, it dramatically improves how we feel about them. Yes, in purely commercial terms, that’s a strong enough case to justify delighting our clients — clearly, the stronger your client relationships are, the better.
I believe it’s about more than that!
As business owners, we work hard and we often work long hours. So, it makes perfect sense to improve our working environment… to make business as enjoyable as possible.
A superb way to achieve this, is to combine the excellent service you provide, with an ongoing commitment to delighting your clients.
PS: I recommend you read this – How to lift your business to a whole new level.