If you want your business to become increasingly relevant over time, rather than fade away, here’s something you need to know.
Right now, there are lots of people walking around, wearing the Hipster look.
It’s fashionable. It’s in vogue. It’s very much of the moment. A trend, which has now gone mainstream.
Of course, the fashionistas have already dropped the look and moved onto the next new thing. Slowly, others will do the same. The Hipster trend then becomes something you look back on, just like every fashion before it.
Long term commercial success
When Groupon (remember that?) was the big thing, thousands of small businesses sprung up offering Groupon-like services. Then, when Groupon’s buzz died down, the trend those small businesses had invested in was gone.
Here’s the thing: Making long-term business decisions based on a current trend, is almost always a mistake.
Think long term. Focus on providing as much value to your marketplace as possible. What we know for sure is that value and quality are never out of style.
If you invest there, you can immunise your business from becoming yesterday’s news.
PS: Here’s some advice, with lots of examples, on how to build a successful business.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)