When a prospective client tells you that they can’t afford your services, it’s seldom what they really mean.
What they really mean is that they think your service is too expensive — that the fee is higher than the value.
Lower the fee or increase the value
The average business owner lowers their fee, in order to be more affordable. The lower their fee, the higher the perceived value. If they lower their fee enough, they will gain lots of low value clients and build a low profit business.
The most successful business owners increase the value they provide. They then make sure that the value is clear to their prospective clients. If they increase the value enough, they will gain lots of high value clients and build a highly profitable business.
BONUS: Here’s a FREE, 3 part series on how to sell your services to the best potential clients, for the highest fees:
- Are your fees too high or are you marketing to the wrong people?
- What everybody needs to know about scarcity
- The winner’s guide to business success
- Are your clients killing your business?
- What every business owner needs to know about prices and fees
- If only they knew how amazing your business is
- Money without happiness… you’re still broke!
- Here’s how top earners manage to earn the highest fees!
- Here’s what to do, when clients say you’re too expensive!