One of the most common mistakes small business owners make, is that they try to force things to happen too soon.
The challenge with wanting things to happen too soon, is that too soon is… too soon!
Even if you are in a hurry, launching your product or project when it is still full of bugs and broken, is a bad idea. It results in you putting substandard work in front of your marketplace. It creates a terrible first impression. It will stop the initial, eager members of your marketplace from returning.
The thing about timing
Regardless of how soon we want to launch something, if it isn’t good enough for our marketplace, it will flop. After all, there’s zero demand for half-assed products.
Here’s the thing: If the farmer harvests her apples too soon, because she’s over enthusiastic, they will still be way too small and taste sour. No one will buy them. Of course, if she waits too long, those apples will turn to slush.
In a nutshell: Too soon is too soon… however, once it’s good enough to ship, ship it!
- The Microsoft Xbox One marketing lesson
- So, you want to be in high demand? Then read this!
- Cheap can be expensive
- Marketing Foundations: 3 Tips to massively increase your sales
- How to get your marketing shared on social networks
- How to Bake Marketing into your business
- Don’t let this mistake crush your business!
- How to get all the help you and your business need
- How to get your marketing noticed AND improve your response rates