Someone just asked me for tips on how to work a room at a networking event.
Not the advice he expected
I explained that I wouldn’t spend too much time learning how to get the most from networking events.
I’d focus on why I needed to go to networking events. I’d figure out, very quickly, why my clients, website, newsletter, customers and contacts weren’t providing me with the referrals and leads I need.
Create a story worth sharing, by providing a remarkable service. Then, the word will spread. People will talk about you, because that’s what we do when we encounter something that is remarkable.
Attracting word of mouth referrals is vastly more effective, than offering an average service and having to pester people for leads at networking groups.
- How to attract great word of mouth referrals
- The thing about remarkable work
- Here’s a proven way to get people talking about your business
- The best way to spread the word about your business
- How to take your business from average to remarkable
- Your business is telling you something. Are you listening?
- What everybody ought to know about being boring!
- How to Bake Marketing into your business
- It’s time for a powerful marketing tactic