How valuable do you think a great logo is?
Most small business owners pay too little attention to the design of their logo. They will often opt for a cheap logo or one they made themselves. In this interesting and informative video, acclaimed designer Michael Bierut, explains the value of an effective logo. [If you can't see the video, click here.]
Logos and being memorable
Bierut looks at what makes a logo endure over time and how some of the most memorable logos are the most simple.
Those of you interested in design will find the start of the video extremely interesting, when Bierut talks about working with his mentor, the late Massimo Vignelli. Vignelli was a design legend. Among other things, he designed both the signage for the New York subway and the New York subway map.
The video was created as part of a series called The Creative Influence, directed by Mario De Armas and produced by Sandbox Studios. You can watch the other videos in the series here.
- The new Yahoo Logo: Why expert opinions are irrelevant!
- Photos: What everyone needs to know about ageing online
- VIDEO: The Secret Powers of Time!
- How to create attractive, memorable marketing
- Video: Does brainstorming really work?
- Here’s a secret behind the world’s best service providers!
- Human Billboards? Really?
- Content Marketing: Is your design killing your content?