In today’s post, I have some ideas to share, which will help you spot genuine business opportunities and avoid getting ripped off.
I was prompted to write this, after Tim emailed me (that’s not his real name). Tim has wasted around $15000 on various sure things — programs, seminars, social media gurus, schemes, software, networks and memberships, which promised amazing results. None of them delivered.
Here’s how to avoid the same thing happening to you.
Heads and tails
Every coin has 2 sides, heads and tails. The only exception here, is a fake coin. A forgery that’s used to trick people.
Business opportunities are exactly the same!
Every genuine business opportunity comes with a flip side. A down side. A chance it will fail. The only exception here are fake opportunities, the scams that swallow people in with the promise of a sure thing.
The attraction of risk free opportunities
Scammers are masters of selling you the idea that something is risk free. They know that most people are risk averse, so they pitch you with promises, fake bank statements, fake testimonials and fake supporting evidence, which PROVES to you that their thing, is a sure thing. Ironically, the people taken in by the scams are the same people, who refuse to invest in legitimate business opportunities, because of the potential risk.
Three things to remember if you want to make better decisions:
- Genuine business opportunities will never interrupt you. In other words, they don’t come via an email, phone call or social media message from someone you don’t know or hardly know. YOU have to seek genuine opportunities out.
- Never trust anyone, who claims they can make you rich.
- The best business opportunities seldom seem obvious. A genuine opportunity only exists, because no one else has spotted it yet.
If you think your friends will find this post useful, remember to share it with them. It could be exactly what they need right now, to stop them from being scammed!
Tip: Here’s some solid advice, with lots of examples: How t build a successful business.
Latest posts by Jim Connolly (see all)
- Are you building a tribe or writing drive-by content? - August 27, 2014
- A remarkable lesson from Steve Jobs and Malcolm Gladwell - August 25, 2014
- What everybody ought to know about business success - August 24, 2014