A business owner has a couple of options, when deciding how to market her business.
- Try and appeal to everyone.
- Choose the kind of customers or clients you want to service… and ignore the rest.
Many small business owners select the first option
The thinking looks like this: If we try and appeal to everyone, we’ll have more prospective customers.
The reality is very different. By trying to be relevant to everyone, they end up being directly relevant to no one.
Smart business owners take the second option
They figure out exactly who they want to serve. They then focus exclusively on communicating with this highly profitable section of the marketplace. They learn what matters most to this group and learn their language. This allows them to market to prospective customers, with a directly relevant message, which will resonate strongly with them.
As a result, their marketing is massively more compelling… and that’s the kind of marketing, which generates sales.
Tip: Read this – A tested, proven way to attract sales leads.
- Stop trying to please everyone. Seriously. Stop it!
- You can’t have insiders without outsiders
- Quick Marketing Tip: Stop trying to appeal to everyone
- How to attract great word of mouth referrals
- How to make your business more human and far more successful too
- How to market your business… like Apple
- Do you stand behind your work?
- Be so good that they can not ignore you!
- 3 Tips to help you get massively better sales results