I recently started cycling again, after a long time away from the saddle. One of the things that immediately struck me, was how hard it was to climb hills.
For the first couple of weeks, I’d see a hill ahead and dread it.
Then it struck me that the climbs were the most valuable part of the ride. Climbing hills built my stamina and worked the rest of my body more than the enjoyable, flat part of my route. The climb was my friend.
Soon, I started looking for routes that had hills. Hills equalled growth. Hills equalled progress.
The business cycle
In many ways, business is the same. We often achieve our most remarkable results, when faced with an uphill challenge — for example, the loss of a major client. These challenges force us out of our comfort zones.
- They cause us to grow in a meaningful way.
- They show us what we’re capable of.
- They make us more resilient.
Embrace the climbs, my friend. After all, no challenges equals no progress!
Tip: Read this – What everybody needs to know about comfort zones.
- How to lift your business to a whole new level
- So, what’s the big idea?
- Here’s a simple way to achieve amazing results
- It’s decision time
- How to solve your biggest problems, starting now
- Have you decided yet?
- What type of clients do you choose to work with?
- How to avoid the feast and famine trap
- Do the research. Make the decision. Take action!