Here’s what we know, for certain, about your industry: The average slot has already been filled. There are more than enough average providers, offering an average service.
Trying to out-average your average competitors
This represents a huge challenge, for those who want to grow an average business. How do you out-average all those average service providers?
Of course, you can’t.
This is why the average business goes broke within a few years and why those that survive, only do so because the owner has resigned themselves to working hard, for very little reward.
An alternative approach
Another way to grow a business, is to walk away from average. Average may feel familiar, but it’s not your friend. It’s hurting your business, which means it’s hurting you and your family.
Instead, get specific. Get specific about what you want to achieve and the kind of clients or customers you want to work with. Then, become obsessive about providing that valuable niche with exactly what they want.
It’s a lot more rewarding, than wasting another 5 or 10 years trying to grow an average business.
- How to take your business to the next level and avoid The Average Trap
- How to take your business from average to remarkable
- 21 Lessons from Jo Average
- How to avoid limiting your potential
- Here’s another way to grow your business
- Here are some people that your business needs to avoid
- 4 Common marketing mistakes AND how to avoid them
- Stop working for average clients. Seriously. Stop it!
- How to lift your business to a whole new level